Prototype Improvement

So now, at the end of the week we roughly completed our prototype. In fact we did the general stuff to achieve this and used our whole Saturday’s energy with debugging and improving functionality and interface design.

For debugging purpose, it was necessary to go through the code to check possible problems when connecting with Resolume Avenue. Afterwards and/or within this process we had to make some adaptions in the settings for the sensor and/or for the program-code.

Additionally, we searched and defined the content for Resolume Avenue. For the music we wanted to have a mixture between famous music from our countries and belgian traditional music. Related to the tags we decided to take our somehow favorite music party songs for the nightlife, more belgian traditional music for the Atomium, for the European Union we took traditional composed music, for the ISIB we took funny music about teamwork. For the video material, we decided doing most of the video material on our own. So a part of our group climbed buildings just to make sure we have enough video material for our prototype. Additionally, it was necessary to edit and convert the files into the right file format.

Meanwhile, we were doing the new interface design for the screens. According to our project poster, we decided to do an similar design for the interface. In the end – almost all screens are done by today – maybe some slight changes due to the code-design connection are still possible. If so, this minor bugs are going to be corrected while discussing about the presentation.

Furthermore, we searched for visual effects from the processing examples book, Rudi GIOT, gave us to discuss possible screen-changings. By the way: it’s pretty good and worth to write the ISBN number.
Team 4 at work


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.