Minor Problems And Presentation

Originally, we wanted to be finished by friday. We did our final tests and everything worked quite well. Unfortunately, we encountered some problems when combining the sensor in a box with the glove. Due to the magnet on the glove the sensor delivered wrong data concerning movements – so we hat do move the sensor to the wrist. Therefor, we had to do modifications on the interaction control between sensor and processing and had to rethink the way of interaction.

In the morning we also finished the movies and/or movie-conversation for the final prototypes and we just have to add them onto the relevant lines in Resolume Avenue.

Additionally, we prepared the presentation for tomorrows event. Due to our design of the poster we decided to take up this for the presentation too. For the content, we decided to do about five slides with the – in our view – most inportant content. So here is the layout – the rest can be seen by tomorrow.
presentation


Prototype Improvement

So now, at the end of the week we roughly completed our prototype. In fact we did the general stuff to achieve this and used our whole Saturday’s energy with debugging and improving functionality and interface design.

For debugging purpose, it was necessary to go through the code to check possible problems when connecting with Resolume Avenue. Afterwards and/or within this process we had to make some adaptions in the settings for the sensor and/or for the program-code.

Additionally, we searched and defined the content for Resolume Avenue. For the music we wanted to have a mixture between famous music from our countries and belgian traditional music. Related to the tags we decided to take our somehow favorite music party songs for the nightlife, more belgian traditional music for the Atomium, for the European Union we took traditional composed music, for the ISIB we took funny music about teamwork. For the video material, we decided doing most of the video material on our own. So a part of our group climbed buildings just to make sure we have enough video material for our prototype. Additionally, it was necessary to edit and convert the files into the right file format.

Meanwhile, we were doing the new interface design for the screens. According to our project poster, we decided to do an similar design for the interface. In the end – almost all screens are done by today – maybe some slight changes due to the code-design connection are still possible. If so, this minor bugs are going to be corrected while discussing about the presentation.

Furthermore, we searched for visual effects from the processing examples book, Rudi GIOT, gave us to discuss possible screen-changings. By the way: it’s pretty good and worth to write the ISBN number.
Team 4 at work


Finalization Of Our Poster

The poster visualizing our concept for the project is finally done. It reflects the way of interaction process. Therefor we had to collect all the data, visualize our processes and corporate our ideas in written words.

For the poster we wanted to spread our idea visually. The color use should reflect two very important parts of our concept: The first one reflects the possible user ineraction, the second one reflects the technical background (which of course the users shoudn’t get in touch in). Overall we tried to homogenize the colors and tried to forward information very clearly structured. Additionally, we want to create a poster that invites users to watch and read – and afterwards to get interested in the project.